- Monitoring changing market conditions, new legislation and tax law relating to real estate investment.
- Tenant screening and selection, executing rental agreements and leases, monitoring and enforcing lessee covenants and building regulations.
- Collecting security deposits where applicable.
- Obtaining competitive quotes, screening, contracting and supervising maintenance, service and tradespeople.
- Attending to interior and exterior building maintenance.
- Regular site visits.
- Collecting and disbursing of rental income and tenant’s share of operating expenses monthly.
- Supervising tenant’s leasehold improvements, where applicable.
Accounting, Reporting, Financial
- Preparing annual operating budgets for owner’s approval.
- Sending monthly income and expense statements to the owner with remittance of net rental income.
- Preparing and forwarding year-end financial statements to owner and, when directed, to the owner’s accountants for income tax purposes.
- Keeping owners informed of all significant events, suggestions or proposals which may involve their investment and encouraging them to express their opinions, needs and requirements at any time.
- Attendance at regular tenants and/or strata council meetings.
Our fees vary depending on the particular management assignment, but usually, you can expect to pay 6% of the rental income for management fees.
Expertise in the analysis, development and execution of specific investment strategies is available on request. This service includes such issues as interim crisis management, reorganization, upgrade and renovation of problem projects; conversion, refinancing and marketing.
Maude, MacKay & Co. Ltd. is licensed pursuant to the Real Estate Services Act of B.C. for Trading Services, Rental Property Management Services and Strata Management Services.
Our basic objective in building management is to run operations as efficiently and inexpensively as possible without compromising the safety, maintenance and well-being of the building and its occupants while simultaneously producing the best possible return for the landlord. We feel this philosophy encourages harmonious tenant relations and best serves steady growth in the capital value of the property.
Should you wish to discuss our property management services in more detail we would be pleased to meet with you at your convenience.